Renee Phillips

Renee Phillips
Welcome to my "sewing site". Sewing things to make you smile! Call for a consultation-309-868-8650 or email me at: fabricartisan@gmail.com...if you can dream it up, I'll do my best to sew it up. ~CLICK ON MY PICTURE AND YOU WILL LINK DIRECTLY TO MY ETSY STORE TO SEE WHAT I HAVE FOR SALE~(My Etsy store is currently empty...give me a call for a CUSTOM creation)

About Me

My photo
My mother was an expert seamstress and often did alterations on costly garments. She once told me that I would learn more about sewing by taking a well made garment apart than I would from any pattern. How true I discovered this statement was! Recently I was looking over a pattern that a friend gave me. She wants me to help her sew aprons for Christmas gifts. After studying the sewing instructions a bit I came to a familiar conclusion; if I purchased a finely crafted apron it would not be put together this way. Who writes these instructions anyway?!

Sunday, November 1, 2009

taggies




When I first saw a "taggie" I fell in love with not only the wonderful idea but also the whimsical look and endless possibilities. Here is my first creation out of this unusual piece of fabric. Super soft and plush, this natural colored fleece has an amazing reverse side of butter smooth baby pink suede. It is bordered by fun ribbons in varied lengths which I think adds a bit of whimsy. A perfect baby gift and absolute necessity for every little one. It's size is aprox 12 &1/2 inches square, not including the ribbons. $15-20

No comments:

Post a Comment